Friday, July 23, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

It is a bit windy here in North Dakota.

There aren't many trees.

Blankets were still required at more than one baseball game in June.

And I have yet to survive my first winter.

But the rugged, natural beauty here is unlike any I have seen before.

Pictures don't do it justice.

But here are a few of my best shots so far.

Sunset just outside of town



Sunset to the west of Dickinson



Western horizon



From the deck of our rental house



Badlands in Medora



Badlands about 30 minutes from Dickinson



Painted Canyon



Eastern view of Painted Canyon at sunset






What you can't see here is that a storm is brewing.



Blurry because it was dark, but look at the lightning.



A shot of the sunset on our anniversary.



Another



And one more.



Cross atop a butte at the camp the kids attended.
 It's about a 45 minute hike to the foot of the cross.

I find myself thanking God on a daily basis for the gift of beauty He has given us.  

The works of His hands are incomparable.  

Amen.




3 comments:

Stella said...

Absolutely beautiful! It makes me want to take a vacation to your parts. I never thought I would say that about North Dakota ; )

Amy said...

I had similar feelings when we moved to Wisconsin and bought long johns for a September soccer game. Just think of all the beautiful adventures your guys will have! Buy a few more layers! You will get used to it soon.

Christie Turnbull said...

Amazing Job Amy:) God's creation is so incredible- especially when we take the time to enjoy and appreciate it. Your photos are incredible too!