Sunday, November 21, 2010

Confession is Good for the Soul, but Cheesy Grits are Better



Maybe I am rebelling against the anti-carb establishment.

Maybe it is my way of adapting to a more simple way of life.

Maybe it is a deep longing for comfort in the midst of 4:30 sunsets and way below freezing temperatures.

Maybe moving so far north is causing me a subconscious need to reconnect with my southern roots.

Maybe it is just that they are so durn (Is that how you spell it Aunt Margie?) good.

I lie awake at night trying to get to the bottom of all this.

But to no avail.

The facts remain the same.

I am obsessed with Cheesy Grits.

They really are a little bit of heaven here on earth.

They go with everything.

They can be eaten morning, noon and night.

With eggs, toast and bacon.

With pot roast.

With saucy shrimp.

With meatballs.

With beef bourguignon.

In a bowl.

On the grill.

Fried up in some butter.....


SEND HELP NOW


Exodus 20:3-4  You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Surely this doesn't apply to cheesy grits, does it?

3 comments:

Mom said...

Well, there could be worse obsessions. And grits are good for you. Not sure about the cheese though. :)

Amy said...

Have I told you how much I love you, my friend. Your posts always bring a little smile to my face...it's like I can hear you saying the words, and you know how much I love to talk to you! Big Hugs from Indiana!!!
Amy

Christie Turnbull said...

I've got a great recipe for baked cheese grits. LOVE them:) We always have them Christmas morning too:) YUM!